Stay safe during your stay in Australia. Please follow the safety tips below, so that your experience here will be one to remember.
OUT & ABOUT AT NIGHT
- Make sure that your carer knows where you are at all times (day and night).
- Add to your mobile phone number list this name ICE (in case of emergency) and insert the phone number of your carer.
- Where possible, always travel with a group of people you know well.
- Keep to well-lit areas.
- Stay alert at all times.
- If you are travelling on your own, stay alert to your surroundings, no matter what time of day.
- Be aware that electronic devices such as mobile phones can be a distraction and may cause you to become less alert.
- Keep to well-frequented places and avoid dead-ends and poorly-lit areas.
MONEY AND VALUABLES
- Always keep money and valuables in a safe location e.g.: zipped bag or backpack.