Do check the ESOS Framework for the Agent Code of Ethics published by the Australian Government in their website
Should you use the services of an agent?
In general terms, it will be a good idea to use an education agent if you are not sure of the process to apply for your chosen course or you do not how to obtain your student visa.
Make sure to find out:
- The agent represents the school/college/university you want to attend.
- Is the representative a well-known education agent?
- Good career advice, knowledge of the education system, the admissions process and student visa
requirements in Australia are the first things to look for in an education agent. Make sure the agent you choose has experience in this field.
- Students should pay their tuition fees, OSHC, airport pick up and accommodation booking fees, etc directly to the institution or the service provider, NOT to the agent to avoid any set back. Keep the receipt of the transfer and supply a copy to your agent.
- Never give the agent the original documents (academic results, testamur, etc). They belong to YOU
- Check whether the school/college/university requires documents certified by your agent or a Notary.
- If the above documents are not in English, contact an authorised translation service in your country or in Australia (NAATI). naati.com.au
- A good agent will be a reliable contact and support throughout your study and beyond.
Soon you will be able to find education agencies around the world in our DIRECTORIES section!